Where: Camp Bar-V-Nok on Pigeon Lake, Alberta
When: August 05-11
Who: For ages 8 – 16
Cost: $180 per member
* $200 per non-member (Children ages 6 & 7 years of age must be accompanied by an adult)
Camp Priests & Directors: V. Rev. Igor Kisil Tel. (780) 426-5163 &
V. Rev. Sergey Kipriyanovich Tel. (780) 429 – 5920
Assistant of the Camp Priest: Kim Cochrane @ (780) 458-6768; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Camp Mission Statement
The Orthodox Diocese Camp is committed to providing an opportunity for all campers to experience 6 days where God, and our Saviour are paramount in all aspects of our daily activities. This includes meals, recreation, study, worship and socializing.
Camper Regulations and Expectations
- Work and play cooperatively with other campers and staff
- Respect the property of others
- Be punctual for all camp activities
- Stay with, listen to and respect camp counselors
- Stay on the campground
- No smoking
- Life jackets will be worn during all swimming activities
- Help make this camp a joyful experience for all.
Proper disciplinary measures will be taken and parents will be notified immediately if rules are broken.
Parents are responsible for ensuring their children are transported to and from camp.
- Drop Off Time: 3 – 5 p.m. Pick-up Time: 12 – 2 p.m.
- A Typical Day at Camp
- 8:30 am Rise & Shine
- 9:00 am Morning Prayers
- 9:30 am Breakfast
- 10:00 am Clean up
- 10:30 am Morning activities
- 12:30 pm Free time
- 1:00 pm Lunch
- 1:30 pm Clean up
- 2:00 pm Afternoon activities
- 3:00 pm Snack
- 3:15 pm Sport/Swimming
- 6:00 pm Supper
- 6:30 pm Clean up
- 7:00 pm Evening activities
- 8:00 pm Evening prayers
- 8:30 pm Snack
- 8:45 pm Campfire
- 10:00 pm Lights out
Please Bring to Camp:
Bible, sleeping bag, jackets, water bottle, towels, Catechism book, pillow, sweater, bug spray, swimsuit, Notebook, personal items, jeans, sun lotion, sun-hat, pencils/pens, tooth paste, sneakers, shirts, rain gear, laundry bag, toothbrush, shorts, aqua shoes, other personal attire.
A limited amount of life jackets are available. If you have your own, please bring it along.
All personal items should be labeled.
Please Leave at Home:
junk food electronic games knives jewelry radios alarm clocks money, portable disc players, iPad, iPhone, clothing with unsuitable graphics/messages, walkmans money Discmans clothing with unsuitable graphics/messages
The camp will not be responsible for the loss or theft of any items.
Parents and Guardians
We need your help!!! The overall success of the camp largely depends upon you. If we do not get enough parental help, the camp may be cancelled. Please consider the importance of your involvement. The areas of help include:
- Counseling - you would be interested in being with children as role models, friends and supervisors.
- Cooks Help – you would assist the cook in food preparation, clean-up and serving food.
- Chore Coordinator – you would organize campers for kitchen clean-up and serving food.
- Coordinator – you would plan, direct and coordinate sports, crafts, camp, and group activities.
Only one morning, afternoon or evening of your time would be immensely appreciated. Please indicate on the registration form if you are able to help and the area most appealing to you. Consider your work at this camp as a ministry.
Thank you for your help and cooperation. If you have any questions please call:
Father Igor Kisil @ (780) 426-5163
Donations will be gratefully accepted, and receipts will be provided.
If you wish, feel free to bring an ice-cream pail of health snacks. NO N
UTS. Thanks in advance!
Parents, family and friends are invited to attend the Saturday Church Service (Holy Divine Liturgy) at 10:00 a.m. on Saturday. Lunch will follow the service.